I have been seeing clients for 35 years now and can help with whatever you bring. I have great respect for just how difficult it is sometimes.
From my experience we are sent things so we can change old patterns and then learn and grow.
Finding meaning in what is happening is an important step.
I can help you to learn ways to feel any painful and confusing feelings without being overwhelmed so we can navigate the difficulties more easily and move towards understanding and wisdom.
Waking up to what is happening inside and outside of ourselves is a big step and often needs support and reassurance in a way that friends and family cannot always provide.
Issues that you may want help with can include:
- Self Esteem and Confidence
- Depression and Despair
- Sadness, Regret and Grief
- Unwanted Thoughts
- Guilt and Shame
- Lack of Energy
- Sleep Problems
- Distress or Traumatic Events
- Trauma and Stress held in the body
- Emotional and Sexual Abuse
- Acute and Chronic Physical Conditions
- Issues around Food
- Obsessions and Compulsions
- Relationship and Friendship Issues
- Family and Communication
- Childcare and Carer Responsibility
- Feeling Lonely or Alone
- Lack of Social Life or Interests
- Feeling Stuck, Direction in life, Motivation
- Religion and Spirituality
- Career Issues
- Talking Through Money, Housing and Legal Worries
- Bereavement or Loss
- Divorce or Separation
- Bullying or Being Bullied
- Stress at Home or Work
Although this varies from person to person here are 10 stages of the counselling process as I see it:
- Developing rapport and taking time to identify why you have come for counselling and what you are unhappy with. Feeling we are in this together.
- Looking at what you want to change. What would your life look like and how would you feel if things were different?
- Identifying what for you gets in the way of things changing. Such issues include your beliefs, ways of thinking, habits, old patterns, insecurities, fears, painful events and memories and how safe you feel. We will look at Stress that is stuck in the body and start to clear this. We will also look a how used you are to feeling the way you do, and how real change can be understandably daunting.
- Being kind to yourself about how well you have coped until now. Replacing self blame and guilt with understanding and meaning. Things are the way they are now. OK so what next?
- Clearing the blocks to change in your mind and emotions and looking at practical ways of changing how you are within yourself, in life and in relationships.
- Noticing any changes. Remembering as best you can to support yourself when things go well and to start to focus more on positive thoughts.
- Continuing to work together on what is still difficult and what helps. Continuing to get support and reassurance.
- Start to see how you create your life and future and what you can learn from things that ‘ go wrong’ or are unexpected.
- As you notice you have power over your life more you will not feel so stuck and will feel happier more often and if you are upset it won’t last for so long or be as intense.
- Develop your confidence to create changes you want and to deal with difficulties more easily. As you do this you will see things more clearly, feel more stronger to cope and find it easier when things go wrong. Your emotions will serve and help you, rather than control you.
You will start to live the sort of life you deserve and reawaken your interest in life, your passion and your joy
When we talk we can also incorporate energetic work including Shamanic work
if that feels right such as Matrix Reimprinting and Quantum work,
Visualisations and Meditations, EFT etc