Qualifications and Training: Antoine Bowes
I have 35 years experience as a counsellor (BACP accredited), couple counsellor (Centre for Gender Psychology) and family therapist (Institute of Family Therapy).
I am a fully licensed Reverse Therapy practitioner (Reverse Therapy UK Ltd).
Alongside the training mentioned above, I work in a variety of ways depending on what you may need at the time. Such techniques include:
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) / tapping. I trained at the institute for Meridian – based Psychotherapy, Counselling and Coaching (IMPC) in London.
- Trauma work. My training includes work at The Centre for Trauma Studies in Nottingham. I am also interested in the work of Peter Levine and Irene Lyon using ‘Somatic Experiencing’ to identify and release trauma that is held deep in the body.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. I trained at CBT-EDU in London.
- Gestalt and Psychosynthesis work. (Pellin Centre, London and Psychosynthesis UK, Lewes and London).
- Helping you align to your potential. Clearing From your energy system. Remembering. Matrix reimprinting.
- Other skills drawn from my work as a therapist.
Why I have chosen this work
I have been through many struggles and challenges in my life. It was the need to understand myself and free myself from fear and unhappiness that led me into counselling and therapies. I have worked in a variety of jobs and roles – with children in schools, children’s homes and in the community, as a care worker and social worker, in a variety of mental health and other social services, with families in distress, with men and in prisons. I also worked for 17 years as a counsellor, supervisor and trainer and later manager for the NHS. I set up my private counselling practice in 1993 I am passionate about my work and committed to helping you to feel heard and respected in whatever you bring.
I also know what has helped me and the thousands of people I have worked with – feeling understood and then getting to a stage of feeling appreciation and love for how well we have done in the face of things, so we can start to stand back from the pain and confusion to see a bigger picture of what is happening and to start to see a way out.
I am also aware that there are blocks in our energy systems that may need to be cleared so we can move forward
I am now in my 60s and I have developed a way of living and working that draws on all of my life experiences. I would welcome the opportunity of offering this to you.